Looking forward to getting a good night sleep? Well, you probably have the idea that a box spring can play a role in that. Apart from getting a comfortable mattress, pillow, and bedding, a good box spring should be included in the equation due to its ability to distribute your movements evenly assuring you of sleeping comfortably as you get ready for the challenges a day brings. Owing to the numerous types of box springs on the market, I will help you determine the best box spring based on the type of your bed. Keep reading as you look forward to getting answers that will not fail you.
Why are box springs necessary for a bed?Most people get confused about deciding whether a box spring is a must-have in a bed. The simple answer is that a box spring isn’t a must-have item in your bed. You can either choose to purchase one or go without it, but failing to incorporate one also makes you fail to gain the benefits that come along with a box spring.
- Ensure easy time when getting in and out of bed box spring and mattress combination raises the height of the bed. Because of this, most users benefit from an easy time when getting in and out of the bed while makes box springs suitable for use by the elderly or people with limited mobility.
- Enhance the longevity of mattresses also, box springs pay a role in absorbing impacts and the weight of the body. Because of this, you can expect the pressure transferred on the mattress to be supported and absorbed by the mattress. As a result, mattresses that sit on box springs last longer while compared to others.
- Prevent a mattress from sagging. If you want your mattress to support you comfortably without sagging, then you must offer it the support that is needed. The reason is that laying a mattress down directly on a wooden bed frame or metal makes it sag in the unsupported areas. As a result, adding a box spring helps in even distribution of the body weight thereby protecting the mattress from sagging.
Different types of Box spring for different beds
Box springs come in a range of types and models, which can make the selection process quite difficult for you. Hence, let’s have a look at some of the types you are likely to come across on the market.
Low-Profile box springs
If you do not like high beds, then a low-profile box spring is a way to go. These units are 4” to 6” high. Furthermore, they are compatible with all kinds of mattresses. So, get this structure if you love low bed frames that guarantee proper support for your mattress.
High-Profile box springs
These box springs are the opposite of the low profile box springs. They are designed for users who love to raise their mattress’s height since the box spring is 9” high. These type of box springs features a steel structure which thereby assures you of a sturdy and supportive structure.
Split Box Springs
As the name suggests, this type of box spring comes as two sections of a full box spring. For this reason, this type is suitable for people with limited space in their rooms or when the stairway isn’t broad enough to let you move it into your room.
Standard Box Spring
Unlike the Spilt Box Springs, this box spring comes as one piece. The box spring features the same size as that of your mattress. Hence, once you order a box spring that is suitable for use by a twin, king, or queen size mattress, you should expect it to feature such a size. You should also note that these kinds of box springs are not foldable or bendable. Therefore, avoid them if you do not have enough space to maneuver them to your bedroom.
Best Box spring for king beds
Classic Brands Instant Foundation High Profile 8-Inch Box-Spring Replacement An affordable box spring solution that delivers support for all mattress types is the Classic Brands Box Spring. Handcrafted using solid spruce, the box spring serves as a perfect choice to a strong and durable box spring. The reason is its ability to deliver sturdy support for heavier mattresses including latex and memory foam mattresses.
What’s more, the box spring features a noise-free design. This means that you can get it for sleeping with an assurance of peace of mind. Classic Brands Box Spring assembles with a lot of ease, thanks to the provided tools and instructions. Some of the included parts is a center brace, foundation cover, head/foot braces, notched side braces, wood slats, bolts, nuts, wood screws, and wrenches.
- The detailed instructions make the assembly process easy.
- The box spring is crafted in the USA using solid spruce designed to provide support for any mattress.
- Available in a variety of sizes including twin, twin XL, full, full XL, queen, king, and California King sizes.
- The drawstring cover removes with a lot of ease to guarantee easy cleaning.
- The cover fits over the foundation perfectly and with a lot of ease.
- The box spring is availed in a smart and compact package that fits easily through tight hallways.
- The wood isn’t sanded.
- The cover doesn’t go around the wood frame. It only covers the top and sides.
Classic Brands Instant Foundation High Profile 8-Inch Box-Spring Replacement
Another Classic Brands product is this box spring which serves as a perfect pick for the best box spring for queen beds. Similar to the previous, the box spring is handcrafted in the USA using solid spruce. As a result, you can get it when you are in need of a box spring that is designed to deliver sufficient support to the mattress and protect it from sagging. More to that, the box spring adopts a noise-free design. Because of this, it is a great choice for one that can help you sleep with peace of mind and without any nuisance.
Classic Brands Box Spring is easy to assemble, thanks to the included tools and assembly instructions. To be specific, the box spring comes as a package that consists of wood slats, notched side braces, head/foot braces, center brace, bolts, wood screws, nuts, wrenches, and a foundation cover. What’s more, is that the package is nicely designed and compact. Hence, you do not have to worry when you need it to pass through narrow hallways or tight staircases.
- The drawstring cover removes with a lot of ease to ensure easy cleaning and maintenance.
- The box spring comes in a range of sizes making it easy for the buyer to pick the perfect size.
- A cotton blend cover fits perfectly over the foundation.
- The strong foundation is perfect for supporting heavy mattresses.
- The wood isn’t the best quality since it isn’t perfectly smooth.
- The cover doesn’t cover the bottom of the frame.
Best Box Spring for Twin Beds
Sleep Master Smart Box Spring
Introducing the Sleep Master Smart Box Spring, this is a new and convenient introduction to people looking for a convenient mattress foundation. The box spring is made using strong and sturdy metal structure. Because of this, it acts as a perfect choice to a box spring that is designed to last and one that is designed to deliver sufficient support for heavy mattresses protecting them from sagging.
Another feature that makes this box spring a great buy is its convenient and compact packaging. This makes the box spring a perfect choice to one that is designed for tight interior spaces such as hallways and staircases. Sleep Master Box Spring comes with all tools required for assembly which makes it a perfect choice to a box spring that is easy to assemble. Further, the box spring is availed in a variety of sizes ranging from twin to king sizes so that you can pick one that will work perfectly for your situation.
- Non-slip fabric surface prevents the mattress from sliding.
- The box spring is easy to assemble.
- The black painted finish guarantees strength.
- The instructions were clear and easy to follow.
- The cover poses some challenge while fitting it.
Best Box spring for Crib Beds
Zinus 4 Inch Low Profile Wood Box Spring/Mattress Foundation
Next we have Zinus 4” low profile wood box spring. Featuring a 4” height, the box spring is an innovative mattress foundation designed to offer strong mattress support. As a result, you can get the box spring for use with high profile or heavier mattresses. The box spring is easy to assemble, thanks to the fact that it comes in manageable pieces that make it easy to assemble.
The manageable sizes also make it easy to maneuver through the house which means that you can be sure not to have any challenges when moving it through tight spaces such as through doorways or staircases. The box spring comes in a range of sizes including twin, full, queen, and king sizes.
- The box spring requires a little time to assemble it.
- It is stable hence safe and comfortable to use.
- The slats are 3” apart and perfect for use with heavy mattresses due to the even weight distribution.
- The cover is difficult to get on and rips in several cases. Therefore, you should be extra cautious when putting it on.
Best Box Spring for Memory Foam Mattresses
Zinus 7 Inch Smart Box Spring/Mattress Foundation
Another one from Zinus is this 7” smart box spring. Designed as the best box spring for memory foam mattresses, the mattress foundation features strong and sturdy steel. As such, you can get it with an assurance of long-lasting performance and sufficient support for mattresses. Asides from that, the box spring comes in a compact and convenient packaging. As a result, you can be sure to carry it through tight spaces such as staircases and hallways with a lot of ease.
The box spring comes with all tools required for assembly making the setup process easy and fast. Its 7” height is a perfect choice for all mattress profiles which enables it to offer a stylish and attractive look while assuring you of offering the desired performance. The box spring is availed in a variety of sizes ranging from twin, twin XL, full, queen, and king so that you can get a size that will perfectly work for you.
- Strong steel structure guarantees durability.
- Compact packaging ensures easy assembly and maneuvering.
- The parts fit together easily.
- The slats do not need screws to attach them since they can sit in a place with a lot of ease.
- The box spring doesn’t produce any noise.
- The required hardware comes while packed in a blister pack.
- The cover is challenging to put on due to the risks of tearing it up.
- The directions are sketchy and not user-friendly.
Best Box Spring for Platform Beds
Classic Brands Instant Foundation Low Profile 4-Inch Box-Spring Replacement, Queen. Everyone deserves a magical night of sleep. With this mind, I would like to recommend Classic Brands Instant Foundation as the best box spring for platform beds. Handcrafted using solid spruce in the USA, the box spring acts as a sturdy and robust foundation for today’s heavier mattresses, which makes it suitable for latex beds and memory foam mattresses.
Another advantage of the box spring is its low profile and noise-free design. This makes it suitable for use by people who may have difficulty getting up higher beds due to its ability to offer easy access.
The box spring comes with the tools and instructions required for assembly which makes it easy to assemble. Further, the foundation is delivered as a compact package so that it can fit through narrow staircases and hallways. The box spring is available in a variety of sizes ranging from twin, full, queen, twin XL, Full XL, king, and California king sizes making it easy for you to locate the perfect size based on the size of your mattress.
- The strong and sturdy structure protects the mattress from sagging.
- The drawstring cover comes out with a lot of ease which means that you can be sure to have an easy time when cleaning it.
- The box spring ships in a compact size that makes it easy to assemble and maneuver through tight spaces.
- The package includes sufficient tools and supplies for assembly to guarantee easy setup.
- The cover doesn’t go round the wood.
Final thoughtsBox springs provide firm support to help you sleep comfortably and ensure the longevity of a mattress. So, if you want to ensure that you get all sleeping benefits without straining yourself, ensure that you get the best box spring based on your bed type.